Hi guys ,
One of the most amazing features in SharePoint 2013 is social features , that’s allow you to communication with your colleagues.
It’s like any social site ( Twitter , Facebook .. etc ) you can follow ( people , document , site ) and you can post newsfeed , create mention , sharing documents using skyDrive .. etc ( I will talk about SharePoint 2013 social feature in separate post ) ..
What I want to talk about is the Microsoft NewsFeed Application on mobiles , it’s give you easy way to stay connected with your colleagues using SharePoint’s social features. You can post to Newsfeed on all your SharePoint sites, follow people, documents, and tags, and more.
This application release on :
- Apple Store ( iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch ) : Review and Download
- Windows Phone store : Review and Download
- Windows 8 Store : Review and Download
I will take I quick tour on feature of NewsFeed App.
- To use the SharePoint Newsfeed app you must have a personal site set up in SharePoint Server 2013 or Office 365 SharePoint Online.
- You must be filling your site and user information when you’re opening the application.
- In the top menu we have the following :
- When select icon from left top corner will appear slide menu that have another option (NewFeed , Documents that you’re followed , followed people , about me , settings) ..
- You can add new post ( with mentions or tags ) when you select plus icon from right top corner that allow you to chose target of this post ( everyone or specific site ) and you can take or chose photo from your mobile .
I hope this a quick tour on newsfeed app features was useful for you and you can see all features when you use it .. it’s really amazing !